Grilled steak, topped with a Gorgonzola mixture and then broiled to perfection.
- 2 1/2 petite sirloin steak
- steak rub (we used 5-0 rub)
- 1/2 stick butter
- 8 oz Gorgonzola crumbles
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Prepare to grill steaks by pre-heating your grill on high.
- Gather the steaks, rub seasoning, non-stick spray and grilling tools. Spray the cooking area with non-stick spray.
- Place steaks on the grill and sprinkle with steak rub.
- Sear both sides of the steaks on high heat.
- Next, turn off the heat on one burner (or one side) of the grill. Move the steaks to the side you turned off. (This is called indirect grilling – food is placed to the side of the heat source.)
- Grill until desired doneness is achieved. You can use a meat thermometer as well.
Gorgonzola Topping & Broiling
- While you are grilling the steaks, you can prepare the Gorgonzola mixture.
- Add the garlic salt and pepper to the Gorgonzola cheese.
- Melt the butter and add to the Gorgonzola mixture. Mix all ingredients well.
- Top each steak with a generous amount of the Gorgonzola mix.
- Broil the steaks on high in the oven. (Leaving the oven door open while broiling.)
- The steak will be sizzling and the Gorgonzola topping will be golden brown.
You can also pan fry the steaks instead of grilling.
- Category: American
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: steaks, gorgonzola, grilling