- 1 lb bacon
- 2 cans of water chestnuts (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Cut the bacon slices into thirds.
- Make the sauce by mixing together the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Next, add the brown sugar and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment, place a baking rack on top, and spray the rack with cooking spray.
- Drain the water chestnuts.
- Soak toothpicks for a few minutes.
- Wrap each water chestnut in bacon, then secure with a toothpick. Repeat until all water chestnuts are gone. Arrange them all on the prepared baking rack.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes to start.
- Remove from the oven and brush with the sauce mixture.
- Flip each bacon-wrapped water chestnut. Then brush with barbecue sauce.
- Continue to roast for another 10 minutes.
- After 20 total minutes, check on the appetizers. You will likely need 5 to 10 more minutes to get the bacon nice and crispy and the sauce caramelized. Brush with more sauce, if desired, and cook for another 5 to 10 minutes until they are done to your liking.
- Remove from the oven, transfer to a serving platter, and enjoy immediately.
Use the convection setting for added crispiness, if your oven has it.
A variety of sauces can be used in place of the bbq sauce. See this list of ideas.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 141
- Sugar: 7.9 g
- Sodium: 245.7 mg
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.1 g
- Protein: 3.2 g
- Cholesterol: 16.2 mg
Keywords: appetizer, party appetizer, finger food, game day, party food