The best banana bread recipe. Classic and moist, this recipe is so delicious.
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F.
- Prepare two 8 x 4-inch loaf pans. Spray lightly with cooking spray and dust with flour.
- Cream shortening and sugar together.
- Then add eggs, coffee (or buttermilk), and mashed bananas.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold flour mixture into wet ingredients.
- Separate batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350°F. Depending on your oven, this could take longer.
- Once a toothpick comes out clean, the banana bread is done.
You can use decaf or caffeinated coffee or buttermilk.
You can also use parchment paper instead of spraying and flouring the pan.