Super soft bread machine buns – a sweet dinner roll recipe that’s easy to make. The secret is in how you form them!
- Make sure to add all of the ingredients in order to your bread machine pan.
- Measure 1 cup of milk and add the egg. Warm both in the microwave until luke-warm (about 30 seconds). Add to your bread machine pan.
- Next add the 2 tablespoons of butter – cutting it into pieces.
- Then add all of the dry ingredients in order: 3 cups flour, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tsp salt and 1 ½ teaspoons of active dry yeast (room temperature).
- Set the bread machine on the dough/pizza dough setting and press start. (This cycle is about 1 hour and 40 minutes.)
- Once the bread machine is done, let the dough rise to the top of the bread machine pan.
- Prepare a baking sheet by greasing it with shortening.
- Now on to the fun part – forming the buns. Grease your hands with shortening. Take a little more than a golf ball size piece of dough, pinching it off the rest of the dough. Then work the edges and push up in the middle at the same time to make a bump. The center should be smooth. Gather the outer edges in one hand. Squeeze the dough at the bottom with your opposite hand, pinching off the very end.
- Put it on the pan and flatten it with your hand.
- Place about 5 or 6 to a pan, depending on the size of the pan.
- For the remaining dough, prepare sheets of aluminum foil with shortening. Form the rest of the buns.
- Let the buns rise until they have almost doubled in size.
- Bake one pan at a time at 350 degrees for about 12 minutes (time may vary depending on your oven). The buns should be golden brown on the top and bottom.
- Once you remove it from the oven, rub butter on the top of each bun. Enjoy!
Watch the video on how to form these buns.
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Breads
- Serving Size: 1 bun
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 210.5 mg
- Fat: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.2 g
- Protein: 4.7 g
- Cholesterol: 22.2 mg
Keywords: buns, rolls, dinner rolls, bread machine