Grandma’s ice cream crunch cake. Vanilla ice cream, chocolate nutty crunch with caramel topping. So good.
- 3/4 c butter (melted)
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 c chopped peanuts
- 1/2 gal vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle or jar of caramel topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Then melt 3/4 cup butter. Add to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add 1 box of chocolate cake mix.
- Chop enough peanuts to make 1/2 cup. Add to the chocolate cake mix and butter.
- Mix all 3 ingredients well.
- Prep a cookie sheet with parchment paper. (If you don’t have parchment paper that’s fine, it just makes cleanup a little easier.)
- Spread the chocolate and peanut mixture evenly over the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 11 minutes.
- While you are waiting, take the ice cream out to soften.
- Remove the chocolate cake mixture from the oven and stir continuously until it cools.
- Once it cools, add half to the bottom of a spring-form pan.
- Then scoop the whole 1/2 gallon of vanilla ice cream on top. Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Drizzle caramel over the vanilla ice cream.
- Then add the other half of the crunchy pieces on top.
- Cover and stick in the freezer for at least a couple of hours before serving.
- When you are ready to serve — slice and drizzle with caramel. Enjoy!
You can make in a 13 X 9 pan as well.
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: ice cream cake, caramel, chocolate