- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup finely ground graham crackers (4 full graham cracker sheets)
- 1 bag (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 squares vanilla candy coating or white almond bark (approximately 1/2 cup melted)
- Prepare a mini cupcake tin with liners.
- Chop 1 square of candy coating (or almond bark) into small pieces and melt with 1/2 of the chocolate chips. I find it is helpful to melt in 15-30 second increments, stirring in between until smooth.
- Spoon a layer of chocolate on the bottom of each liner (fill a little less than 1/3). Tap the pan on the counter to level the chocolate.
- Put the pan in the freezer to chill for 10-15 minutes, until firm. While the chocolate is in the freezer, prepare the peanut butter filling.
- Use a food processor to finely grind up graham crackers. Set aside.
- Melt butter.
- Mix melted butter, peanut butter, and powdered sugar in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add in the finely ground graham crackers and stir until well combined. The final mixture will have a cookie-dough consistency.
- Press a layer of the peanut butter mixture on the next 1/3 of each liner.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and candy coating (or almond bark). Cover the final 1/3 with chocolate and tap the pan on the counter again to level the chocolate.
- Add sprinkles or coarse sugar to decorate if you’d like.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
You can also use milk chocolate or dark chocolate – whatever your preference.
The white almond bark is optional. You can use chocolate chips only if you’d like. However, we like to use it for the added vanilla flavor.
These are best stored in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve.
This recipe makes approximately 24 mini peanut butter cups (depending on the size of the liner, which can vary).
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 211
- Sugar: 19.6 g
- Sodium: 98 mg
- Fat: 10.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Cholesterol: 5.1 mg
Keywords: Christmas candy, gift giving, holiday, anniversary party, bridal shower, birthday, milestone, baby shower