- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves – freshly minced
- 1 1lb raw shrimp – peeled and deveined with the tail on
- Black pepper
- Lemon wedges
- Fresh parsley – finely chopped
- Begin by preheating a frying pan on medium-high heat.
- Next, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and cook until aromatic.
- Then, add the shrimp to the pan, making sure to place it in one layer for even cooking.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper (or your preferred seasoning).
- Add a splash of lemon juice to each side using fresh wedges or bottled lemon juice.
- Cook each side for 2 minutes (flipping each piece separately for even cooking) or until the shrimp are done (meat is pink in color and opaque). Larger shrimp may need more time.
- Enjoy as is, or serve over rice or pasta for a complete meal.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Pan Fry
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 718.2 mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.4 g
- Protein: 23.2 g
- Cholesterol: 182.5 mg
Keywords: shrimp, pan fry