A traditional Norwegian cookie. Popular at Christmastime.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until lemon colored and light.
- Mix in the melted butter, salt, nutmeg, vanilla, heavy cream, and flour.
- Pre-heat your krumkake iron.
- Drop by spoonful onto a krumkake iron. (I used about 2 teaspoons, but you may have to experiment with the right amount to fill your iron.)
- You may need to press down on the iron a bit if your iron does not have a clamp. You want the cookie to be fairly thin to roll.
- Cook until light brown.
- Remove and roll with the krumkake rolling pin.
- Press down for a few seconds to “seal.”
- Be sure to roll before the cookie cools. It hardens quickly.
- Store until you’re ready to serve. Holiday tins work great.
Be sure to roll before the cookie cools. It hardens quickly.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: Norweigan
Keywords: norwegian, krumkake, waffle cookie, nutmeg