So easy and delicious, miniature almond cakes. A mini version of the Norwegian almond cake using a brownie bar pan.
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. almond flavoring
- 2/3 c milk
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour (original recipe for full cake calls for 1 1/4 c)
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 c butter (1 stick butter), melted
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 3 tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla (or almond) flavoring
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the sugar, egg, almond, and milk in a medium-sized bowl. Beat well.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add the melted butter and make sure all ingredients are well blended.
- Grease the dessert/brownie bar pan well. Scoop a little less than 1/4 cup of batter into each square.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. The edges must be golden brown.
- Cool in the pan.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add 3 tablespoons of milk and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla or almond flavoring.
- Mix in 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and mix well. It should be slightly runny, but you can add more milk or powdered sugar to get the desired consistency.
- Drizzle frosting over the mini almond cakes.
- Top with slices of almonds and add to a fun serving tray.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Norwegian
Keywords: almond cake, norwegian, mini cakes