A delicious breakfast bread (made like monkey bread with pull-apart pieces) covered with ooey-gooey caramel sauce
Bread dough in the bread machine
- Make sure to add all of the ingredients in order to your bread machine pan.
- Measure 1 cup of milk and add the egg. Warm both in the microwave until lukewarm (about 30 seconds). Add to your bread machine pan.
- Next, add the 2 tablespoons of butter – cutting it into pieces.
- Then add all of the dry ingredients in order. 3 cups of flour, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tsp salt and 1 ½ teaspoons of active dry yeast (room temperature).
- Set the bread machine to the basic white cycle and press start.
- While your bread is mixing and kneading, you can make the caramel sauce.
- Start by melting 1/2 cup of margarine.
- Then add 1 cup brown sugar and 1 large package of cook & serve vanilla pudding. (Do not use instant pudding! The sauce will be thick and chunky, I’ve learned from experience!)
- Next, add 2 tbsp milk and 1/2 tsp cinnamon.
- Mix well. It should be smooth and fairly runny.
Bread machine rise cycle
- Once the bread machine hits the rise cycle, it’s time to form the pull-aparts and add the caramel sauce.
- First, grease your hands with shortening and then take the dough out of the bread machine.
- Also, remove the kneading paddle.
- Then take half of the bread dough and tear off small pieces and add back to the bread machine.
- Pour half the caramel sauce over the bread dough chunks.
- Repeat with the second half of the bread dough and the caramel sauce.
Finish rising & baking in the bread machine
- P.S. – if you don’t have a bread machine, you can still make this recipe in a 9X13 pan with frozen bread dough, or make the homemade dough for this recipe and let it double in size before forming the pull-aparts. Then let it rise again before baking 20 minutes at 350 degrees in the oven. The bread will be golden brown when it’s done.
- Category: Breads
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: caramel rolls, pull aparts