- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cornstarch
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Start by preheating your waffle iron.
- Next, combine the wet ingredients in a medium-sized mixing bowl – eggs, milk, oil, vanilla extract, and canned pumpkin.
- Then mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl – flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin spice.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture. Mix well, but don’t over-mix. Some lumps are okay.
- Lightly grease your waffle maker and pour almost 1/2 cup of batter into each waffle square. (This may vary depending on your waffle iron.)
- Close the waffle iron and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. (Time may vary for each waffle maker.)
- Check to make sure the waffles are browned and lightly crisped on the outside. Then remove carefully from the iron onto a serving plate.
- Repeat until all of the waffle batter is gone.
- Serve and enjoy with your favorite toppings – see ideas above, including our homemade pumpkin spice syrup.
Add chocolate chips to make pumpkin chocolate chip waffles.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Waffle Iron
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 199
- Sugar: 9.2 g
- Sodium: 106.8 mg
- Fat: 9 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 26.4 g
- Protein: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 27.1 mg
Keywords: fall breakfast, pumpkin spice