Cornbread made for fall. It’s loaded with cranberries and cinnamon. Or leave those ingredients out for traditional cornbread.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- Add the melted butter, granulated sugar to a medium-sized bowl and mix well.
- The eggs and buttermilk should be room temperature. To achieve this temperature add the buttermilk and eggs to a small bowl or liquid measuring cup and microwave for a few seconds until lukewarm.
- Blend the butter mixture with the buttermilk and eggs.
- Next, mix all dry ingredients together (flour, cornmeal, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon).
- Then add all of the dry ingredients to the wet mixture. Mix well.
- Fold in the craisins.
- Add the cornbread batter to a greased 8 by 8 baking dish.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- The bread should be golden brown and when you insert a toothpick, it should come out clean.
- Cutting the bread into 9 pieces make for nice serving sizes.
- Top with butter and honey, if desired.
Be sure to use buttermilk in this recipe (or a buttermilk substitute). You need the acidity from the buttermilk that regular milk does not have.
You can put the buttermilk and egg in the microwave for a few seconds to reach room temperature.
Serving warm from the oven is so delicious.
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: corn bread, cranberries, cinnamon, buttermilk