- 1 box Rice Chex (about 12 cups)
- 1 7.5 ounce bag Bugles (about 8 cups)
- 4 cups tiny twist pretzels
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup harvest M&M’s
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup candy pumpkins
- 1 c butter
- 1 c Karo light corn syrup
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Begin by measuring out the pretzels, Rice Chex, and Bugles.
- Mix them together in a large mixing bowl. (We use a 7.5-Quart bowl, but you can use 2 large bowls if needed.)
- Next, it’s time to make the sugar coating. In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Melt on medium heat.
- Once the mixture is fully melted and mixed, continue to cook, and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture boils, add the vanilla extract, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- Mix thoroughly. The butter and sugar mixture should look light and creamy.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the pretzels, Rice Chex, and Bugle mix. Stir gently until everything is well-coated.
- Then add the mixture to baking sheets covered with wax or parchment paper.
- Repeat on additional sheets of wax paper until all the snack mix is spread out into a thin layer.
- Let the sugar coating set for an hour or two. Then you’re ready to add the mix back into a large mixing bowl – break apart pieces that need to be separated.
- Add the mini marshmallows, candy corn, pumpkin candies, and harvest M&M’s.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together, being careful not to crunch the cereal.
- And there you have it—a tasty, festive snack mix perfect for fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
- Serve right away or store in an airtight container.
- You can easily customize this mix with your favorite ingredients; be sure to use 24 cups of cereal, pretzels, and bugles (or similar ingredients) when using the sugar coating.
- Nutritional information is our best estimate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 25.4 g
- Sodium: 284.4 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.9 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Keywords: fall, autumn, trail mix, halloween