Harvest Halloween Snack Mix
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our full disclosure policy for details.
In this article:
Harvest Halloween Snack Mix | Ingredients | Variation Ideas | Supplies | How to Make This Fun Fall Treat Mix | Full Recipe
Looking for a fun and easy-to-make Halloween or fall snack? This Harvest Halloween Snack Mix is perfect! It’s simple to put together and can be tailored to your own preferences. It’s an excellent treat for Halloween parties, fall get-togethers, and Thanksgiving day treat tables.
Why We Love This Treat Mix
- This snack mix is so festive and perfect for fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving. The pumpkins are adorable, and the Bugle corn chips look like tiny cornucopias.
- It’s delicious (and by that, we mean almost addicting) and easily customizable based on your favorite cereals and candies. Check out our list of mix-in ideas.
- You can throw together this trail mix quickly, making it a great option for a last-minute treat. Short on time? You can simplify it and skip the sugar glaze.
- This recipe makes a big batch, but you can easily cut it in half if needed.
Here are our favorite snacks and sweets to include in this mix. But also check out this list of other delicious add-ins to customize it any way you like.
- Rice Chex
- Bugles corn chips
- Tiny twist pretzels
- Miniature marshmallows
- Harvest M&M’s (gold, brown, red, maroon)
- Candy corn
- Mellocreme pumpkin candies
Harvest M&M’s – fall-colored M&M’s can be hard to find in some areas. When we can’t find them at the grocery store, we make a mix at our local candy store with the same fall colors – gold, brown, red, and maroon. You can also order them online if you can’t find them locally. Another great option is Reese’s pieces.
- Granulated sugar
- Corn syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Cream of tartar
- Baking soda
There are so many fun ways to customize this snack mix, whether you are making it for a specific occasion or just including your own favorite candies and cereals. Here are just a few ideas to try.
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Butterscotch chips
- Reese’s pieces
- Muddy Buddies
- Corn Chex
- Chocolate Chex
- Honeycomb cereal
- Puffcorn (try mixing in our white chocolate puffcorn – coming soon!)
- Caramel corn
- Honey roasted peanuts
- Leftover Halloween candy
- Caramel candy corn
- Caramel apple candy corn
- Rolo candies
- Kettle corn
- Mini Oreos
- Jelly pumpkins
- Mini peanut butter cups
- Gum drops
For a spooky variation (aka monster munch) – use candy eyeballs, gummy worms, and Halloween-colored M&M’s (black, purple, green, and orange).
You only need these few kitchen supplies to get started.
- Large mixing bowl and spoon (we use a 7.5-quart metal mixing bowl – but if you don’t have a bowl this size, you can split the mix into 2 large bowls)
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Medium saucepan
- Wax paper or parchment paper
- Baking sheets – 1) if you don’t want to add the wax paper directly to the counter and 2) to make it easier to move and transfer back into the mixing bowl.
How to Make This Fall/Halloween Snack Mix
Let’s get started and make this delicious sweet and salty mix. Begin by measuring out the pretzels, Rice Chex, and Bugles and mix them all together in a large mixing bowl.
Next, make the sugar coating. In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Melt on medium heat.
Once the mixture is fully melted and mixed—turn up the heat, continue cooking, and bring to a boil.
Once the mixture begins to boil, add the vanilla extract, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
Mix thoroughly. The sugar and butter mixture should look light and creamy.
Pour the sugar mixture over the pretzels, Rice Chex, and Bugles. Stir gently until everything is evenly coated. (Try not to crush the Chex cereal.)
Then transfer the mixture to a baking sheet covered with wax or parchment paper. (You can skip the baking sheet and add the wax paper directly to the counter if you’d like. But a baking sheet makes it easier to move the mix back to the mixing bowl when it’s ready).
Repeat this step on additional wax paper sheets. You want to spread it out into a thin layer to allow the mix to cool and the sugar coating to set. This will take an hour or two.
Once the sugar coating has set, you’re ready to add the mix back into a large mixing bowl. Break apart pieces that need to be separated.
Now for the best part—add the mini marshmallows, candy corn, pumpkin candies, and harvest M&M’s.
Gently mix all the ingredients together, being careful not to crunch the Rice Chex cereal.
And there you have it—a tasty, festive snack mix perfect for fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
Mason jars, snack or punch cups, and festive bags make the perfect individual serving containers.
If you don’t plan to serve it right away, be sure to store the mix in an airtight container.Print
Harvest Halloween Snack Mix
A sweet and salty snack mix (Chex mix) perfect for fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving gatherings. Easily customize for any fall occasion using your favorite cereals and candies.
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 28 cups 1x
- 1 box Rice Chex (about 12 cups)
- 1 7.5 ounce bag Bugles (about 8 cups)
- 4 cups tiny twist pretzels
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup harvest M&M’s
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup candy pumpkins
- 1 c butter
- 1 c Karo light corn syrup
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Begin by measuring out the pretzels, Rice Chex, and Bugles.
- Mix them together in a large mixing bowl. (We use a 7.5-Quart bowl, but you can use 2 large bowls if needed.)
- Next, it’s time to make the sugar coating. In a medium saucepan, add the sugar, corn syrup, and butter. Melt on medium heat.
- Once the mixture is fully melted and mixed, continue to cook, and bring to a boil.
- Once the mixture boils, add the vanilla extract, cream of tartar, and baking soda.
- Mix thoroughly. The butter and sugar mixture should look light and creamy.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the pretzels, Rice Chex, and Bugle mix. Stir gently until everything is well-coated.
- Then add the mixture to baking sheets covered with wax or parchment paper.
- Repeat on additional sheets of wax paper until all the snack mix is spread out into a thin layer.
- Let the sugar coating set for an hour or two. Then you’re ready to add the mix back into a large mixing bowl – break apart pieces that need to be separated.
- Add the mini marshmallows, candy corn, pumpkin candies, and harvest M&M’s.
- Gently mix all the ingredients together, being careful not to crunch the cereal.
- And there you have it—a tasty, festive snack mix perfect for fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.
- Serve right away or store in an airtight container.
You can easily customize this mix with your favorite ingredients; be sure to use 24 cups of cereal, pretzels, and bugles (or similar ingredients) when using the sugar coating.
Nutritional information is our best estimate.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 280
- Sugar: 25.4 g
- Sodium: 284.4 mg
- Fat: 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 44.9 g
- Protein: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 18.5 mg
Keywords: fall, autumn, trail mix, halloween
More Fall Recipes
More Snack Recipes
Making your own snack mix at home is easy and fun! This recipe is perfect for a classroom Halloween party, fall get-togethers, or a Friendsgiving or Thanksgiving Day treat. Let us know your favorite mix-ins in the comments!
Pin for later: