- 5 cups + 1/4 – 1/2 cup Hungry Jack Potato Flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10oz 7up (cold!)
- 2 1/4 cups water (cold!)
- 1 cup evaporated milk (cold!)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Lefse griddle
- Rolling pin w/cover
- Lefse turning stick
- Pastry board w/cover
- In a large bowl, mix the potato flakes, salt, sugar, 7up, water, evaporated milk, and oil.
- Add 2 cups of flour.
- Mix and knead.
- Roll the dough into balls.
- Chill in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the lefse griddle to 350 degrees. (may depend on your grill)
- Pull only one ball of dough from the refrigerator at a time.
- On a floured pastry board, roll the dough to about 12 inches in diameter.
- Place the rolled dough on the griddle.
- The dough will start to bubble.
- Flip and cook the other side.
- When you’re ready to serve — spread with butter, and sugar, roll up and enjoy!
Make sure your 7Up and evaporated milk are cold.
- Category: Breads
- Cuisine: Norwegian
Keywords: lefse, flatbread, 7up