- 3 ounces freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces vodka
- 1.5 ounces simple syrup
- Granulated sugar – rims
- Lemons – zest and garnish
*This makes 3 to 4 shots.
- Juice the lemons and set a small amount of juice aside in a bowl for the sugared rims.
- Pour sugar into a bowl or on a plate for dipping. Add lemon zest on top of sugar.
- Prepare shot glasses by dipping in lemon juice and then in sugar and lemon zest.
- Add ice, lemon juice, vodka, and simple syryp to a cocktail shaker.
- Give it a good shake for about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Pour into prepared shot glasses.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge or twist.
- Use equal amounts of vodka and lemon juice. Use half the amount of simple syrup compared to vodka.
- You can use bottled lemon juice instead of fresh lemon juice, but we prefer freshly-squeezed.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Beverages
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 shot
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 12 g
- Sodium: 1.1 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13.6 g
- Protein: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: lemon drop, cocktail, drink, happy hour