‘One cup’ rice crispy oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are the go-to chocolate chip cookie in our house—a three-generation family recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix together the brown sugar, granulated sugar, margarine, oil, egg, all-purpose flour, vanilla extract, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Mix in chocolate chips, rice crispies, and oatmeal.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely, store in an airtight container.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
To avoid overly crispy or hard cookies — do not over-bake.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip, oatmeal, rice crispies