- Head of cabbage – medium
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove any damaged or hard outer leaves from the cabbage. Rinse and pat dry.
- Slice the cabbage lengthwise into 3/4 to 1-inch thick “steaks,” making sure to keep the core intact to hold each slice together while roasting.
- Arrange cabbage slices on a parchment-lined baking pan, leaving some room between.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive oil with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Using a basting brush, spread each cabbage steak with the olive oil and seasoning mixture.
- Roast the cabbage steaks in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. The cabbage should start to turn golden brown on the edges and be fork-tender. If you like them a bit more crispy, continue to cook until they are done to your liking.
- Remove them from the oven and serve immediately.
- See our list of other seasoning and topping ideas.
- Use a small to medium head of cabbage, about 4 1/2 to 5 inches in diameter. Larger heads will take longer to cook and may need more olive oil and seasonings.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 steak
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 5.4 g
- Sodium: 231.6 mg
- Fat: 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 10.5 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: vegetable, side dish, plant-based