Delicious sugar cookies you’ll use for the base of each smiley face cookie.
- Begin by creaming together sugar, butter, egg, and milk.
- Add dry ingredients including flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Roll dough to 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut cookies with a 4-inch cookie cutter.
- Carefully transfer the cookies with a flat spatula to a parchment-covered baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. It’s important that you don’t overcook or the cookies will not be soft.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
Do not overbake these cookies to make sure you have soft cookies!
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: sugar cookie, cookie