If you’re like us, sometimes you just need a little something sweet to top off your meal. And what could be better than some fresh, juicy pineapple? With a little brown sugar and cinnamon, you can easily use your air fryer to turn pineapple into a delicious and (mostly) healthy dessert.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The flavor tastes just like grilled pineapple and is great for summer barbecues.
- You’ll have a healthy, delicious dessert in 20 minutes–it tastes like pie filling!
- It’s delicious all by itself, but even more decadent with ice cream or whipped cream.
- This tropical fruit is low in calories and high in vitamin C.
- It’s a great light dessert option, especially if you plan to have a heavier meal.
- This air fryer recipe will make your house smell cinnamony and delicious!
How to Make Air Fryer Pineapple
Not only is pineapple delicious and nutritious, but it’s also easy to air fry. Here’s what you need + a simple step-by-step guide.
Here’s What You’ll Need
Gather this short list of ingredients and supplies from your kitchen, and let’s get started.
- Cooking spray or oil (olive or coconut oil)
- Pineapple rings (fresh or canned)
- Light brown sugar
- Optional – ice cream or whipped cream
Pineapple: we consider fresh pineapple to be the best when air frying, but you can use canned pineapple rings or chunks. Another time-saving option is to look in the produce section of your grocery store – they often have pre-sliced pineapple rings, chunks, and spears.
Variations: some like to add a bit of spice and mix in cayenne pepper. Others choose to drizzle a bit of melted butter over the pineapple halfway through.
Basket Air Fryer: we use the PowerXL 5qt Single Basket Air Fryer. It easily fits 3 slices of fresh pineapple or up to 5 rings of canned pineapple. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may be able to fit more.
Or Ninja Foodi Air Fryer Countertop Oven: to make more pineapple rings at the same time, the Ninja Foodi Countertop Air Fryer works great with at least 13-inches by 13-inches cook space. This unit flips up to save counter space, which is another awesome feature.
Cutting and coring supplies: if you’re cutting your own rings, chunks, or spears, you’ll need a cutting board, chef’s knife, and possibly a separate coring tool like a paring knife or round cookie cutter.
Step-by-Step Guide for Air Fried Pineapple
We like to coat the pineapple before placing it in the air fryer basket, so the excess mixture does not caramelize in the air fryer basket tray and burn, especially if you are making multiple batches.
When the baking sheet is prepared, it’s time to place the pineapple rings on the pan and then sprinkle each with the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Flip each ring with a fork and sprinkle the other side with the cinnamon and brown sugar.
Then place the coated pineapple slices into your air fryer basket. Make sure to use only one layer and leave room for air to circulate around each ring. (Plan to cook multiple batches.)
Place the basket into your air fryer, and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 14 to 16 minutes. Flipping once halfway through at 7 or 8 minutes.
The pineapple is done when the sugar mixture is caramelized, and the fruit is tender.
The second batch may take a few minutes less because your air fryer will be preheated.
Slide out the air fryer basket and carefully remove each pineapple slice using kitchen tongs. Place each ring on a serving tray or individual serving dishes.
Repeat until all of your pineapple slices are air fried and perfectly caramelized.
Now you have delicious “grilled” pineapple that tastes like fruit pie filling.
Pair the pineapple with coconut ice cream or whipping cream—or enjoy all by itself.
Air fried pineapple is delicious all on its own, but here are other delicious ideas to pair with roasted cinnamon brown sugar pineapple.
- Vanilla ice cream
- Coconut ice cream
- Vanilla yogurt
- Whipped cream (canned or homemade)
- Cottage cheese
Chances are you won’t have any leftovers–but if you do–you can easily store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for 2 to 3 days. Enjoy leftovers cold or reheat them in the air fryer for about 5 minutes at 400 degrees.Print
- Begin by mixing the brown sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Next, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper for easy clean-up.
- Place the pineapple rings on the baking sheet in a single layer and sprinkle each ring with the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Lightly oil your air fryer basket. Then place the pineapple slices into the basket using only one layer and allowing room in between the slices for air circulation. (Plan for multiple batches.)
- Place the basket into your air fryer, and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 14 to 16 minutes. Flipping once halfway through at 7 or 8 minutes.
- The second batch may take a few minutes less because your air fryer will be preheated.
- Slide out the air fryer basket and carefully remove each pineapple ring or slice using kitchen tongs.
- Place on a serving tray or serving dish.
- Repeat until all of your pineapple slices are air fried and perfectly caramelized.
- Serve with vanilla or coconut ice cream or whipping cream—or enjoy all by itself!
The pineapple is done when it’s tender, and the sugar mixture is caramelized.
You can use granulated sugar instead of brown sugar.
Canned pineapple is tasty as well, but we do prefer fresh pineapple.
Pineapple chunks or spears will work too, but the cooking time may vary.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Desserts
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 slices
- Calories: 114
- Sugar: 25.1 g
- Sodium: 5.3 mg
- Fat: 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 29.8 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: healthy dessert, summer barbecues, brazilian pineapple
Air fryer pineapple not only tastes delicious, but it’s also healthy and easy to make. With just a few simple ingredients, you can have this sweet treat ready in no time. Take it over the top with ice cream or whipped cream.
Pin for later: