Green Goddess Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our full disclosure policy for details.
This version of Green Goddess Dip is creamy, delicious, and packed full of fresh herbs. It pairs perfectly with fresh veggies, crackers, toasted bread, and meats.
Get ready to take your appetizers and meals from ‘meh’ to ‘marvelous’ with green goddess dip. In a few easy steps, you can elevate the flavor of fresh veggies or meats like chicken and shrimp with this creamy, herby dip.
What We Love About This Recipe
- It’s inspired by the Melting Pot’s green goddess dip, which is a must-have for us when we eat there. Although the copycat recipes we’ve found use milk and no garlic. In this recipe, we add garlic and don’t use milk because we find it gets too thin. (However, you could use milk if you wanted to make it into a green goddess dressing.)
- Once you taste this dip, you’ll understand why it’s one of our favorites. It’s so creamy, delicious, and flavorful.
- All you need is six ingredients and 10 minutes to make this delicious dip that will take your meal or appetizer to the next level.
- Whipping up this dip is a great way to use fresh herbs and vegetables from your garden.
What is Green Goddess Dip made of?
While there are many variations for green goddess dip recipes, it is commonly made with a creamy base (sour cream or mayo, or a combination), garlic, onion, and fresh herbs, including parsley and chives or green onion, and sometimes lemon or avocado. Because this recipe is inspired by the Melting Pot’s creamy green goddess dip, a white-colored dip with green herbs folded, it will look different from the green goddess dips that are entirely green.
Sour cream – regular (not light) sour cream.
Cream cheese – softened original cream cheese (not less fat).
Parsley – fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped, not curly. (Dried parsley flakes will not have the same outcome.)
Chives – fresh chives, finely chopped. (You can substitute green onions in a pinch.)
Garlic – finely minced garlic cloves or jarred minced garlic.
Onions – white onions, finely chopped.
Variations: you can swap the sour cream for plain Greek yogurt. The taste won’t be exactly the same, but it will be similar.
- Knife and cutting board (or food chopper)
- Measuring cups/spoons
- Stand mixer or electric hand mixer with a medium bowl
- Serving bowl or storage container
Stand Mixer: we love using our stand mixer or hand mixer to make it super easy, but you can certainly mix with a spoon.
How to Make Green Goddess Dip
Begin by finely chopping and mincing onions, garlic, parsley, and chives. Set aside.
Next, mix the softened cream cheese and sour cream. We like to use a stand mixer (or electric hand mixer) to make it super easy, but you can mix by hand. The texture may be lumpy at first, but keep mixing until you get a smooth texture.
Next, add the chopped fresh herbs, garlic, and onions.
Mix well. But no need to over mix.
Add it to your favorite serving bowl or storage container.
You can serve this dip immediately, but we recommend chilling it in the refrigerator for at least a few hours to allow the flavors to blend together.
What to Eat with Green Goddess Dip
Here’s what we love to pair with this divine dip.
- Roasted or grilled chicken skewers
- Shrimp, salmon, and other seafood
- Meat fondue (chicken, pork, steak, shrimp)
- Flank steak
Fresh Cut Veggies
- Cherry tomatoes
- Celery sticks
Breads, Crackers, and Chips
- Garlic bagel chips
- Everything bagel chips
- Parmesan garlic and herb pita chips
- Tortilla chips
- Veggie chips
- Potato chips
- Toasted bread sticks
How to Store Green Goddess Dip
Be sure to store green goddess dip in the refrigerator in an air-tight container. Because this dip contains sour cream and cream cheese, avoid leaving it out at room temperature for longer than 2 hours. This dip will keep in the fridge for 1 to 2 weeks. (Per the USDA, sour cream can be kept in the fridge for 1 to 3 weeks, and cream cheese for up to 2 weeks.)Print
Green Goddess Dip
A creamy & delicious dip packed full of fresh herbs. Pairs perfectly with fresh veggies, crackers, toasted bread, and meats.
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 cups 1x
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped white onions
- Begin by finely chopping onions, garlic, parsley, and chives. Set aside.
- Next, mix softened cream cheese and sour cream. (we love to use a stand or electric hand mixer)
- Add the chopped fresh herbs, garlic, and onions.
- Mix well.
- Chill for a few hours in the fridge to allow the flavors to blend.
You can serve this dip immediately, but we recommend chilling it in the fridge for several hours to allow the flavors to blend together.
You can substitute plain Greek yogurt for sour cream. Just note the flavor will not be exactly the same.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dip
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 155
- Sugar: 1.3 g
- Sodium: 110.5 mg
- Fat: 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 8.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.2 g
- Protein: 3.9 g
- Cholesterol: 38.7 mg
Keywords: green goddess
Green goddess dip is the perfect way to add some flavor to your next meal or appetizer. It’s so easy to make and can be served with a variety of dipping options like meats, veggies, crackers, chips, or toasted bread. Give this recipe a try and let us know what you think.
More Sauce & Dip Recipes
Pin for later