Easy Cucumber Dip
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our full disclosure policy for details.
This easy cucumber dip is loaded with cream cheese, sour cream, ranch, and fresh cucumbers. Serve it up on chips or crackers…or use more veggies for healthy snacking.
In this article:
Why We Love This Recipe | Ingredients | Supplies | How to Make Cucumber Dip | What to Serve with Cucumber Dip | How to Store | Full Recipe
If you’re looking for a crowd-pleasing snack or appetizer that’s easy to prepare, this delicious dip will be your new go-to. It’s been one of our family favorites for years and only takes a few simple ingredients – basically foolproof!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Don’t let its simplicity fool you—this dip is packed with flavor. It’s our go-to recipe for a last-minute summer barbecue or potluck because you only need 4 ingredients and 15 minutes. It goes together quickly.
- We love to pair it with a variety of dippers like tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, or more fresh vegetables. Our favorite is tortilla chips!
- It’s a tasty way to use up cucumbers (especially garden cucumbers).
Cucumbers – fresh cucumbers, peeled and chopped into large chunks. You can also use English cucumbers if needed.
Sour cream – regular sour cream. For a healthy swap, try greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
Cream cheese – original cream cheese.
Ranch dip mix – ranch seasoning packet by Hidden Valley.
- Cutting board and knife
- Medium mixing bowl and spoon
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- Serving bowl and platter for tortilla chips or other dippers (see list of ideas)
- Storage container
How to Make Cucumber Dip
Follow these steps to make this simple, creamy cucumber dip.
Step 1 | SET THE CREAM CHEESE OUT TO SOFTEN
First, set the cream cheese out to soften so it’s nice and creamy and mixes well.
Step 2 | PEEL AND CHOP CUCUMBERS
Next, peel and chop both cucumbers into large chunks. Set aside.
Step 3 | ADD CREAM CHEESE TO MIXING BOWL
Next, add the cream cheese to a medium-sized mixing bowl. (Make sure it is softened or your dip will end up chunky. You can even pop it in the microwave, on defrost, if needed.) Mix until creamy. Tip: using a stand or electric hand mixer makes this so easy.
Step 4 | ADD SOUR CREAM TO MIXING BOWL
Add the sour cream to the cream cheese and blend until smooth & creamy.
Step 5 | ADD RANCH DIP SEASONING
Next, add the package of ranch dip seasoning. Mix well.
Step 6 | FOLD IN CHOPPED CUCUMBERS
Gently fold in the chopped cucumbers.
Step 7 | REFRIGERATE UNTIL READY TO SERVE
Store in the fridge in an airtight container until you are ready to serve. Chill in the fridge for several hours if possible. This will allow the flavors to blend together.
Step 8 | PAIR WITH TORTILLA CHIPS OR OTHER DIPPERS
When you are ready to serve, add the dip to a fun serving bowl and pair it with tortilla chips or other dippers (see list of ideas below).
➡ TIP: MAKE THIS DIP THE SAME DAY YOU PLAN TO SERVE IT
The cucumbers will release water overnight and the dip becomes a little runny the next day. Still tastes great, but the consistency is a little different. However, chilling in the fridge several hours before serving is recommended and will not create a watery consistency.
Or, if you do want to make it the day before, scoop or cut away the seeds, which are the most liquidy part of the cucumber, before chopping.
What to Serve with Cucumber Dip
- Tortilla chips
- Pita chips
- Bagel chips
- Vegetable sticks (carrots, celery, and other fresh veggies)
- Cucumber slicesSave
How to Store This Dip
If you’re planning on making this cucumber dip, make sure to keep it chilled in the fridge. Keeping a tight seal will ensure your dip stays fresh for up 2 weeks. Otherwise, bacteria can start forming if left out at room temperature for more than a few hours.
More Easy Appetizer RecipesPrint
Easy Cucumber Dip
A delicious combination of cream cheese, sour cream, ranch seasoning, and fresh cucumbers. Enjoy as a dipping sauce for tortilla chips, pita chips, or more veggies.
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings 1x
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 package cream cheese
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 package of ranch dip seasoning
- Set the cream cheese out to soften.
- Peel and chop the cucumbers into large chunks, set aside.
- Once the cream cheese is soft, add to a medium size mixing bowl and use a hand mixer to blend until creamy.
- Add the sour cream and blend again until silky smooth.
- Add the ranch dip seasoning packet and mix well.
- Fold in the chopped cucumbers.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve. Chilling for a few hours will allow the flavors to blend.
- When ready to serve, add to a fun serving dish and pair with tortilla chips, pita chips, crackers, or veggies.
This dip is best served the day you make it. The cucumbers can cause the dip to get watery when left to set overnight. (Or, if you do want to make it the day before, scoop or cut away the seeds, which are the most liquidy part of the cucumber, before chopping.)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 scoop
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 1.5 g
- Sodium: 336.7 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 5.6 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
- Cholesterol: 39 mg
Keywords: ranch, cucumber, dip, cream cheese, appetizer, snack
More Delicious Recipes
- Easy & Delicious Mini Almond Cakes
- Sparkling Peach-Os and Cream Dessert
- Lazy Taco Pizza
- Sunrise Slush
- Bread Machine Buns
Pin for later