Peppermint pretzel crisps make the perfect holiday treat. Pretzel thins covered in white chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy canes.
The holidays are a time for family, friends, fun…and food! One of our favorite holiday treats to make (and eat) is white chocolate peppermint pretzel crisps. They’re crispy, crunchy, salty, sweet, and minty – everything we love about the holidays all rolled into one bite. And they couldn’t be easier to make.
Find What You’re Looking for:
White chocolate – we use Ghirardelli white vanilla-flavored melting wafers. You can also use white chocolate chips or even vanilla almond bark.
Pretzel crisps – Snack Factory pretzel crisps are our favorite. But you can use any type of hard pretzel in a pinch – rods, twists, sticks.
Peppermint candy canes – we use crushed candy canes, but you can also crush peppermint candy mints or buy pre-crushed peppermint.
- Small microwave-safe bowl
- Mixing spoon
- Fork for dipping
- Baking rack
- Wax paper (or parchment)
- Serving platter or storage container
- For candy crushing – gallon-size ziplock bag, kitchen towel, and meat tenderizer
How to Make White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Crisps
These dipped pretzel crisps are so easy to make. Here are a few tips to make the process simple and smooth.
Step 1 | Crush the Peppermint Candy Canes
Begin by crushing the candy canes. Skip this step if you purchased pre-crushed peppermint.
Here are simple steps to follow to make crushing candy canes or peppermint candy mints super easy with little cleanup:
- Put the candy canes in a gallon-size ziplock bag.
- Freeze the candy for 30 minutes (optional, but frozen candy crushes easily).
- Put the bag in a kitchen towel.
- Crush the peppermint using a meat tenderizer (or other heavy tool), on top of the towel, so you don’t puncture the bag.
Step 2 | Melt the White Chocolate
Add the white chocolate to a small microwave-safe bowl. Melt the white chocolate in 15-30 second increments until smooth (do not overcook, or it will harden).
Step 3 | Dip the Pretzels
Dip the pretzel crisps into the white chocolate. Flip with a fork and make sure the entire pretzel is covered. Then remove and place on a cooling rack with wax paper underneath for easy cleanup.
Step 4 | Sprinkle with Crushed Peppermint Candy
Right after dipping, sprinkle each dipped pretzel crisp with crushed candy.
Step 5 | Allow Dipped Pretzels to Set
Allow the covered pretzels to dry until set. You can put them in the fridge to speed up the set time if needed.
Step 6 | Serve Immediately or Store in Airtight Container
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container on the counter or in the fridge or freezer.
More About This Recipe
- You can’t find an easier Christmas treat—only 3 ingredients and 20 minutes from start to finish. Not to mention, they are so festive and cute.
- Using pretzel crisps compared to pretzel rods or sticks makes them so light with the perfect amount of crunch, and we love how unique they look, too,
- Place these treats in cellophane bags, tie with Christmas ribbon, and you have an easy holiday gift perfect for teachers, neighbors, and friends.
How to Store
To ensure that your white chocolate-dipped pretzels stay fresh and delicious, it is essential to store them properly. After you dip the pretzels, allow them to set completely, and then transfer the pretzels to a sealable container or plastic bag. Keep the sealed container or bag on the counter or in the fridge and enjoy within two weeks. If you’d like to keep these treats for an extended amount of time, pop them in the freezer; they’ll be just as delicious months later!
Can you freeze chocolate-dipped pretzels?
Yes, you can freeze chocolate-dipped pretzels! Not only will this preserve the flavor and texture of your sweet treat for longer, but it’s also a great way to store leftovers without them taking up too much space in your fridge or on your countertop. Line each layer with wax or parchment paper. This will prevent the chocolate from sticking together when frozen. Make sure the pretzels are well-sealed so that no air or moisture gets in. Whenever you’re ready to indulge, remove the chocolate-dipped pretzels from the freezer and let them thaw out at room temperature before enjoying them.Print
- White chocolate melting wafers or chips (20 ounces)
- Pretzel crisps (14-ounce bag)
- 10–12 crushed candy canes or crushed peppermint
- Begin by crushing the candy canes; skip this step if you purchased pre-crushed peppermint.
- Next, add the white chocolate to a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate until smooth (do not overcook).
- Dip the pretzel crisps into the white chocolate. Flip with a fork and cover the entire pretzel, then remove.
- Place on a cooling rack with wax paper underneath for easy cleanup.
- Allow the covered pretzels to dry until set, or put them in the fridge to speed up the set time.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
You can place the dipped pretzels directly onto wax paper, but this will cause the white chocolate to pool around the pretzel crisp.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 dipped pretzel
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 84.8 mg
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.6 g
- Protein: 1.3 g
- Cholesterol: 2.4 mg
These peppermint pretzel crisps are the perfect holiday treat! They are so easy to make and only require a few ingredients. We know you will love them. Make sure to try this recipe out, and let us know what you think in the comments below. Happy holidays!
Have You Tried This Recipe? Please rate it in the comments and let us know your thoughts!
More Holiday Candy Recipes
More Holiday Recipes
- White chocolate puffcorn
- Marshmallow Krispies
- Molasses cookies
- No-bake peanut butter oatmeal cookies
- Mint chocolate brownies
Pin for later