Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our full disclosure policy for details.
Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots ♡ oven-roasted carrots with a delicious honey garlic butter glaze. The perfect side dish for Easter or Thanksgiving (or any meal!).
In this article:
Why We Love This Side Dish | Ingredients | Supplies | How to Make Roasted Carrots | Variations | Storing Leftovers | What to Serve with Roasted Carrots | Full Recipe
Make a delicious side dish in no time with these honey garlic butter roasted carrots. These whole rainbow carrots are roasted to perfection in an irresistible honey garlic butter sauce.
This dish not only looks beautiful, but is so delicious. The oven-roasting process brings out the most delicious flavor, including the natural sweetness of the carrots. It’s sure to be a big hit with your family and friends. Enjoy this carrot side dish for Easter brunch, Thanksgiving dinner, or any night of the week.
Why We Love This Side Dish
- Oven-roasting is our favorite way to cook veggies. It brings out the most delicious flavors. Plus, adding the honey glaze brings roasted carrots to another level.
- These carrots are easy to prepare – with minimal effort, you can whip up a delicious side dish. All you need is a few minutes to prep plus 30 to 40 minutes to cook.
- We used rainbow carrots, which make a beautiful side dish, especially for memorable holiday dinners or brunches – like Easter or Thanksgiving. But regular carrots are just as tasty.
Carrots – rainbow or regular whole carrots, peeled and ends trimmed.
Butter – salted butter. You can use unsalted, but you may want to add extra salt if you do.
Honey – regular honey.
Garlic cloves – freshly minced garlic. If you don’t have fresh garlic on hand, you can use jarred minced garlic or garlic powder. (See garlic conversions here – for example, cloves to minced or cloves to garlic powder.)
Salt – regular table salt or freshly ground sea salt.
Black pepper – ground black pepper or freshly cracked peppercorns.
Parsley – fresh parsley, chopped.
Baking dish – use a large ceramic baking dish. You can use a rimmed baking sheet, if needed.
Cooking spray – nonstick cooking spray or olive oil to grease the baking pan.
Cutting board and knife – medium-sized cutting board and knife for prepping fresh produce.
Small mixing bowl and spoon – for mixing the honey glaze.
Measuring cups – 1/4 cup for the honey.
Serving platter – optional, to serve the carrots on after they’ve finished cooking.
Favorite Tools for Making Roasted Veggies
How to Make Roasted Carrots in the Oven
Follow these simple steps to make this beautiful and delicious carrot side dish.
Step 1 | PREHEAT OVEN
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Step 2 | Prepare baking dish
Grease a baking dish with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
Step 3 | Wash and prepare carrots, Garlic & Parsley
Peel carrots and trim the ends. Finely mince the garlic and chop the parsley, set aside.
Step 4 | Add carrots to baking dish
Place carrots in the baking dish. Alternate directions to fit in the baking dish, if needed.
Step 5 | Make the honey glaze
Melt butter and combine with honey and minced garlic to make the glaze or sauce.
Step 6 | drizzle glaze over carrots
Evenly coat the carrots with the honey garlic butter sauce.
Step 7 | season with salt and pepper
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Step 8 | bake for 25 to 30 minutes
Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until fork tender. At 15 minutes, remove from the oven and flip. Then drizzle sauce (in the bottom of the baking pan) on top of the carrots.
Note: the bake time will depend on the size of the carrots. Large carrots will take closer to 40 minutes. In comparison, medium carrots may take about 30 minutes.
Step 9 | remove from oven and garnish
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Step 10 | serve immediately & ENjoy!
Serve in the baking dish or transfer to a serving platter. Enjoy immediately.
Tips for Storing Leftovers
Store any leftover carrots in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. You can also freeze them in a freezer-safe bag or container for up to three months for optimal flavor and texture.
Here are some ways you can vary this recipe:
- Use regular orange carrots. We used rainbow carrots, but any kind will work.
- Slice whole carrots in half lengthwise to allow them to cook faster.
- Cut whole carrots in thirds to make serving a bit easier.
- Use regular or rainbow baby carrots. Just be sure to reduce the cooking time.
- Try different herbs for garnish, like fresh thyme or rosemary.
What to Serve with Roasted Carrots
Roasted carrots go with just about any dish, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Pineapple honey-glazed ham
- Homemade roast beef
- Herbed butter turkey
- Rotisserie chicken
- Meatballs and gravy
- Gorgonzola steak – recipe here!
Honey Garlic Butter Roasted Carrots
Oven-roasted carrots with the most delicious honey garlic butter glaze. The perfect carrot side dish for Easter or Thanksgiving, or any meal!
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- 2 lbs carrots, peeled – whole, about 8 to 9 large carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- Black pepper
- Parsley, chopped, for garnish – optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Prepare a large baking dish with cooking spray or brush with olive oil.
- Peel carrots and trim the ends. Mince garlic and chop parsley, set aside.
- Place carrots in baking dish, alternating directions if needed.
- Make the sauce by combining melted butter, honey, and garlic.
- Drizzle the glaze over the carrots.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes (flip at 15 minutes and drizzle with glaze in the pan) or until fork tender. (Time will vary on size of carrots)
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve in the baking dish or transfer to a serving platter. Enjoy immediately!
The cooking time will vary based on the size of carrots. For a faster cooking time – slice the carrots in half lengthwise.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 whole carrot
- Calories: 132
- Sugar: 14.1 g
- Sodium: 152.6 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- Cholesterol: 15.3 mg
Keywords: carrot side dish, easter side dish, thanksgiving side dish
More Delicious Side Dish Recipes
Pin for later