May contain affiliate links and we will make a commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our links. Please see Disclosure & Disclaimer.
Nest cornflake treats perfect for your Easter celebration. An adaptation of the classic corn flake wreath. Similar to rice krispy treats, but even more delicious.
Hello and welcome to Tealmama! This week I’m sharing a family recipe for nest cornflake treats. You’ll see several adaptations to this treat because it’s a must at all of our family gatherings. 🙂
The recipe is similar to rice krispy treats, but somehow corn flakes make a world of difference in flavor.
Recipe Instructions & Tips
I have to warn you — these treats are super sticky and messy to make. But it’s so worth it. 🙂 In a large bowl, add 6 cups of marshmallows and 1/2 cup butter. Slicing the butter allows it to melt a little easier.
Melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave in small increments, stirring frequently until smooth and all the butter is melted.
Fold 7 cups of corn flakes into the marshmallow mixture.
On top of wax paper and with greased hands or a spoon, press the cornflake mixture firmly into circle cookie cutter. You can use butter, spray or shortening to grease your hands. I like the spoon option better, but you still have to grease the spoon when it gets too sticky. And greasing the cookie cutter will help as well. Then use a spoon to form the nest.
Add your Whoppers Robin Egg candy.
I hope you enjoy! Easily one of the favorites on our holiday treat table. Please stop and say hi in the comments. Have you made something similar? Thanks for stopping!
An adaptation of the classic corn flake wreath. Perfect for Easter.
- In a large bowl, add 6 cups of marshmallows and 1/2 cup butter, sliced.
- Melt in the microwave in small increments, stirring frequently until smooth and all the butter is melted.
- Fold cornflakes into the marshmallow mixture.
- On top of wax paper and with greased hands or a spoon, press the cornflake mixture firmly into a circle shaped cookie cutter. Press with a spoon to create the nest.
- Carefully lift the cookie cutter and repeat.
- Add the Whopper Robin Eggs.
- Store in an airtight container until you are ready to serve. Enjoy!
Greasing your hands will help.
- Category: Desserts
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easter, cornflakes