Green Olive, Ham & Cream Cheese Rollups
This post may contain affiliate links. That means if you click and buy, we may receive a small commission (at zero cost to you). Please see our full disclosure policy for details.
Green Olive, Ham, and Cream Cheese Rollups ♡ tortillas topped with flavorful green olive & cocktail onion cream cheese + ham. Rolled & sliced into delightful pinwheels.
In this article:
What We Love About This Recipe | Ingredients | Supplies | How to Make Olive and Ham Rollups | Full Recipe
If you’re looking for something delicious and unique to impress your guests, look no further than these flavourful rollups. In just 30 minutes (or less), you can whip up a delicious appetizer that combines tangy green olives with savory ham and cream cheese – an irresistible combination sure to please.
What We Love About This Recipe
- This recipe takes our love of green olives to the next level. It’s like olive dip, but rolled up tight in a tasty tortilla.
- Rollups are a deliciously easy – and fun! – addition to any appetizer spread. Whether it’s for bridal or baby showers, Super Bowl festivities, holiday parties, summer barbecues, or potlucks – roll ’em out and watch them disappear.
- These pinwheels are the perfect snack or appetizer when you don’t have a lot of time. Whip them up in 30 minutes or less with just 5 ingredients.
Cream cheese – regular cream cheese.
Cocktail onions – regular cocktail onions, Mezzetta brand, for example.
Green olives – Spanish Manzanilla pimiento-stuffed green olives.
Deli ham – thinly sliced ham.
Flour tortillas – soft taco flour tortillas.
- Strainer (optional for draining olives and onions)
- Cutting board and knife
- Food processor or chopper (optional for chopping olives and onions)
- Medium mixing bowl and spoon
- Electric hand mixer or stand mixer
- Butter knife or spatula (spreading cream cheese mix)
- Serving platter
How to Make Green Olive Tortilla Rollups
Follow these easy steps to make these tasty green olive and ham rollups.
Step 1 | SET THE CREAM CHEESE OUT TO SOFTEN
Start by leaving the cream cheese out to soften. (Or soften in the microwave on defrost, but make sure it doesn’t melt.)
Step 2 | ADD CREAM CHEESE TO MIXING BOWL
Add the cream cheese to a medium mixing bowl and mix until smooth and creamy. (A hand or stand mixer makes this step quick and easy.)
Step 3 | DRAIN GREEN OLIVES AND COCKTAIL ONIONS
Remove the liquid from the cocktail onions and green olives. We use a strainer to make this super easy. Note: this step is important. You don’t want the cream cheese mixture to get runny.
Step 4 | FINELY CHOP THE GREEN OLIVES AND COCKTAIL ONIONS
Chop the green olives and onions into small pieces. (It won’t look very appetizing at this point, but it will taste good, we promise.)
Step 5 | ADD GREEN OLIVES AND COCKTAIL ONIONS tO CREAM CHEESE
Add the chopped cocktail onions and green olives to the cream cheese. Mix well.
Step 6 | Spread Olive Mixture on Tortilla
On a cutting board, lay out one flour tortilla. Spread with a generous layer of cream cheese and green olive mixture.
Step 7 | Top With Ham
Top with 3 to 4 slices of thinly sliced deli ham.
Step 8 | Roll Tortilla from End to End
Roll tightly from end to end (important, or they will fall apart easily).
Step 9 | Slice tortilla rollup into pieces
Slice the rollup into ½ inch – ¾ inch pieces. You will likely have scraps once you get to the very ends of each side. The ends don’t stay together as well. But these pieces make good testers. 🙂
Step 10 | REPEAT UNTIL CREAM CHEESE MIX IS GONE
Repeat steps 6 through 9 until you’ve used up all of the cream cheese and olive mixture.
Step 11 | ARRANGE ON SERVING TRAY & ENJOY
Place the rollups on a serving platter or tray, and enjoy!
This recipe should make about 3 to 4 dozen rollups. You’ll want to double or triple the recipe for larger groups.
More Pinwheel Recipes
Tasty Appetizer Recipes
We hope you enjoy this recipe for green olive, ham, and cream cheese rollups. They’re easy to make and so delicious. Let us know how you liked them in the comments below.Print
Green Olive, Ham & Cream Cheese Rollups
Tortillas topped with flavorful green olive & cocktail onion cream cheese + ham. Rolled & sliced into delightful pinwheels. The perfect snack or appetizer for holidays, parties, and game day.
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 3 to 4 dozen 1x
- 2 packages of cream cheese, softened (16 ounces)
- 5 3/4 oz jar green olives
- 8 oz jar cocktail onions
- 2 packages deli ham, thinly sliced
- 1 package of soft flour tortillas (about 9 to 10 soft taco tortillas)
- Start by setting the cream cheese out to soften. (or soften in the microwave on defrost; however, make sure it doesn’t melt.)
- Add the cream cheese to a medium bowl.
- Drain the cocktail onions and green olives.
- Chop the green olives and onions into small pieces.
- Add the chopped olive and onions to the cream cheese. Mix well.
- On a cutting board, lay out one flour tortilla. Spread with a generous layer of green olive and cream cheese mixture.
- Top with 3 to 4 thin slices of deli ham.
- Roll tightly from end to end. (Important, or they will fall apart easily.)
- Slice the roll-up into ½ inch – ¾ inch pieces. You will likely have scraps once you get to the very ends of each side — the ends don’t stay together as well. But these pieces make good testers.
- Repeat these steps until all of the cream cheese and olive mixture is gone.
- Arrange on a serving tray. Enjoy!
Caution – must be a green olive lover!
This recipe has been updated from a previously published version. It now includes more cream cheese and ham.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizers
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 rollup
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 0.5 g
- Sodium: 425.8 mg
- Fat: 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.6 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 21.5 mg
Keywords: green olives, rollups, ham, cream cheese, party food, pinwheel
More Delicious Recipes
- Lazy Taco Pizza
- Sunrise Slush
- How to Make the Best Bread Machine Buns
- Red, White, and Blue Corn Flake Cake
- Sparkling Peach-Os and Cream Dessert
Pin for later