Mexicorn dip is a quick and easy layered dip served chilled with tortilla chips. And about to be your new go-to recipe for potlucks and barbecues this summer.
This layered dip is so good, it’s almost addicting. Believe me, if you introduce it to your friends and family, you will have many requests to make it again!
This recipe starts with a colorful bottom layer of pinto beans and veggies topped with a ranch dip mixture and sprinkled with freshly shredded cheddar cheese and black olives.
Quick & Easy Mexicorn Dip Recipe
I use an 8x8x2 glass baking dish. It takes about 15-20 minutes to prepare and feeds approximately 12 people.
If you’re planning to make it for a larger gathering, double it and use a 13×9 pan.
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 1 large tomato (or 2-3 small tomatoes)
- 1 can pinto beans, drained
- 1 can of mexicorn, drained
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1 package of dry ranch dip seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small can of black olives, sliced
What is mexicorn?
Green Giant makes a can of mexicorn called Steam Crisp Mexicorn, which includes whole kernel corn with red and green bell peppers. You can buy it on Amazon or find it in the canned vegetable section of your local grocery store.
Recipe Instructions & Tips
Start by chopping the green pepper, onion, and tomato into small chunks. Add them to an 8x8x2 glass baking dish.
Next, drain the pinto beans and mexicorn. (Rinse and drain the pinto beans so the dip doesn’t get watery.) Add these ingredients to the green pepper, onions, and tomato.
Mix the pinto beans, onion, green pepper, and mexicorn. Or leave in layers.
In a separate small bowl, mix the sour cream and ranch dip seasoning.
Drop spoonfuls of the ranch mixture on top of the green peppers, onions, tomato, pinto bean, and mexicorn mixture.
Spread the ranch mixture over the first layer — like you are frosting a cake.
Top with 1/2 cup shredded cheese. I like to use freshly grated cheddar cheese. Sooo good!
Sprinkle with sliced black olives. I love olives, so I add an entire small can.
For the best flavor, chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
When you’re ready to serve, pair with tortilla chips.
AND be prepared to share the recipe! Your friends and family will love it.
Try this recipe? Add a review in the comments!Print
- Chop the green pepper, onion, and tomato into small chunks. Add to a 8x8x2 glass baking dish.
- Drain the pinto beans and mexicorn. (Rinse the pinto beans as well so the dip doesn’t get watery.) Add both to the pepper, onion, and tomatoes.
- Mix ingredients together, or leave in layers.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the sour cream and ranch dip seasoning.
- Drop spoonfuls of the ranch mixture on top of the first layer.
- Spread the ranch mixture like you are frosting a cake.
- Spread one 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top of the ranch layer. I like to use freshly grated cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with sliced black olives.
- For the best flavor, chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
- When you’re ready to serve, pair with tortilla chips.
- AND be prepared to share the recipe! Your friends and family will love it!
- Prep Time: 10
- Category: Dips
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 118
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 262.2 mg
- Fat: 7.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 7.9 g
- Protein: 5.4 g
- Cholesterol: 18.7 mg
Keywords: ranch, mexicorn, dip, cold, appetizer, pinto beans, tomatoes, onions, green peppers
Common questions about mexicorn:
What is in mexicorn?
Mexicorn is made with whole kernel corn, red and green bell peppers, sugar, and salt.
Look for mexicorn in the canned vegetable section or aisle of your local grocery store or Walmart.
What company produces mexicorn?
I use the Green Giant canned mexicorn. I am sure other companies make it as well.
Pin for later:
Check out more of our popular appetizer & snack recipes:
- Pickle, ham & cheese pinwheels
- Cucumber and cream cheese dip
- Bacon-wrapped shrimp
- Easy cheddar cheese fondue
Check out our Appetizer Recipes collection.